!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Bend your thinking a little

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Bend your thinking a little

Today a friend and mentor of mine, who happens to be a minister in Vail, Colorado, made the following statement (or rather I read it on his web log ):

hearing God…
I’ve been thinking about something God told me a few weeks ago.

(Wait…you’re saying God talks to you???)

(Sure…He’s always talking…all we have to do is tune in and listen.)

Here’s what He said:
“Jesus never applied His faith for anyone’s miracle. He applied His faith to the fact that I [the Father] would never deny Him.”

[Translation]:
Jesus never had to “believe” for all those people we read about in the Gospels to get healed. What He believed—where He focused His faith—was that His Father would never deny Him His request.

Let that bend your thinking a little.

Pastor J.P.

I had never looked at this in that light before. The book of John tells us that we can ask the Father anything in the Name of Jesus and the Father will answer that request. But I guess I had never applied my faith to that actual statement before. That is to say that the Father will not deny any requset made in the Name of Jesus. It does bend my thinking a good bit. I've got to stop watching so many "Lost" episodes and do more reading and meditating of the Word.


rachman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home