!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: My future is in my mouth!

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My future is in my mouth!

My future is in my mouth!--I've been hearing this for some time now, but I guess I have finally begun to really believe it.

If I say something long enough it will finally begin to happen. Sometimes sooner, and sometimes later. When I broke my wrist and was out of work for four months, I'm convinced that it came about because I had been harping on the subject that I needed some time off. I was always going on about needing a sabbatical. Well I got one.

My pastor gave us this thought last Sunday and I have decided that it will be my mantra from now on. "Something good is always happening to me!" He goes on to tell me, er, uhm, tell the congregation that we have to stop "speaking or talking the problem."

Proverbs 18:21 "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit."

Mark 11:23-24 "I tell you the truth," (yes, Jesus is saying this) "if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Talk to the mountain; don't talk about the mountain. Stop telling God how big our problem is. Tell our problem how big our God is. Need an example? You got it. David and Goliath. Before the big fight that all the world has heard about, David does not go to God and pray, "Oh God, I have a problem, that Goliath is so big...and so on." Instead David runs toward Goliath and says to the giant, or in other words he says to the problem that he is facing, "I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel...this day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I will strike you down and cut off your head...and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel." (I Samuel 17) David told his problem how big his God was.

Pastor goes on to say, "Stop cursing the darkness and command the light to come." You don't change a thing by cursing the dark. The old adage goes, "light a candle." In the natural world this is what we do; in the spiritual we "command the light."

Two mistakes followers of the one true God make:
1) We try making it as a "lone ranger"--too easy a target.
2) We plant ourselves or let ourselves be planted in the wrong place (the wrong church body). We need to be in the place where God has called us. The words we hear taught and preached will be the words coming out of our mouths. What comes out of our mouths will be our future.

The old testament saints were forced to live by playing on the defense. They had neither the name nor the blood of Jesus to trust in or be cleansed by. The new testament saints however are to be on the offense. The gates of hell will not prevail against the church. We need to make three adjustments in order to be on the offense: Right thinking, right speaking, and right believing. We need to get aggressive and score!

Romans 10:10 "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

Your mouth and your heart work together. They were designed that way. So believe and command the light to come. Pastor challenged me, I mean us, to believe and speak over one thing this week. One thing that we want changed. One thing that will change our lives. One thing that we want to be different five years from now. Eighteen months from now. Next week. So say (and believe) what you want to come.

If you lack wisdom, ask God for it and command light to come. If you feel weak, let the weak say, "I am strong." (Joel 3:10)
If you fear, work on your love walk (love casts out fear), and say, "if God is for us, who can ever be against us? (Rom. 8:31)


rachman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home