Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. ~ 1 Peter 5:7
I know that this isn't an easy thing to do, but as you begin to learn about who the one true God is, it gets easier. As you begin to believe what God says about Himself and about you, there is no other way to go than towards Him.
If you look at, let's say ten examples, you can see that God really does love you. No foolin'.
- Deuteronomy 23:5 ~ the LORD your God loves you.
- John 3:16 ~ God so loved us
- Romans 1:7 ~ God loves you dearly
- Romans 8:39 ~ nothing will separate us from the love of God
- Ephesians 2:4 ~ God loved us so very much
- 1 Thessalonians 1:4 ~ God loves you
- 1 John 3:1~ our heavenly Father loves us
- 1 John 4:9 ~ God showed how much he loved us
- 1 John 4:16 ~ We know how much God loves us
- Jude 1:21 ~ God's love can bless you
This is just a sampling of the times that God tells us what he really thinks of us. Why do we listen to all the folks who tell us that God is angry at us, or hates us, or wants to make us miserable. Because we know of all the (imperfect) people in the world who say they love us, but they treat us like dirt, or they desert us or leave us, or they abuse us, or all the other things that one mortal soul can do to another.
And of course most of us have been taught some pretty stupid things. If we could just start to understand the truth as opposed to the "facts" that we have been taught.
Ephesians 3:18 (NLT) ~ And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his (God's) love really is.
I started out talking about giving all your worries and cares to God. Then I realized that you have to know that He loves you so very much that He wants you to come to Him for the help that you need. He does love you, so go ahead and let Him take over.
1 Peter 5:7 ~ Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.