!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Got Worries?

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Got Worries?


Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. ~ 1 Peter 5:7

I know that this isn't an easy thing to do, but as you begin to learn about who the one true God is, it gets easier. As you begin to believe what God says about Himself and about you, there is no other way to go than towards Him.

If you look at, let's say ten examples, you can see that God really does love you. No foolin'.

  • Deuteronomy 23:5 ~ the LORD your God loves you.
  • John 3:16 ~ God so loved us
  • Romans 1:7 ~ God loves you dearly
  • Romans 8:39 ~ nothing will separate us from the love of God
  • Ephesians 2:4 ~ God loved us so very much
  • 1 Thessalonians 1:4 ~ God loves you
  • 1 John 3:1~ our heavenly Father loves us
  • 1 John 4:9 ~ God showed how much he loved us
  • 1 John 4:16 ~ We know how much God loves us
  • Jude 1:21 ~ God's love can bless you

This is just a sampling of the times that God tells us what he really thinks of us. Why do we listen to all the folks who tell us that God is angry at us, or hates us, or wants to make us miserable. Because we know of all the (imperfect) people in the world who say they love us, but they treat us like dirt, or they desert us or leave us, or they abuse us, or all the other things that one mortal soul can do to another.

And of course most of us have been taught some pretty stupid things. If we could just start to understand the truth as opposed to the "facts" that we have been taught.

Ephesians 3:18 (NLT) ~ And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his (God's) love really is.

I started out talking about giving all your worries and cares to God. Then I realized that you have to know that He loves you so very much that He wants you to come to Him for the help that you need. He does love you, so go ahead and let Him take over.

1 Peter 5:7 ~ Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

~ rachman

1 Comments:

Blogger CaptainCraft said...

Thanks your comments on my blog. Your blog looks good, keep up the good work. I'll check back here again sometime.

Wishing You Good Health And Plenty Of Wealth,
S. Scott Craft

18/8/06 7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home