!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Want More of God?

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Want More of God?


John 1:16 (NLT) ~ "We have all benefited from the rich blessings he (God) brought to us--one gracious blessing after another."

Most of us in this world don't know that it is God who gives us the things we need for life. "From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made." (Romans 1:20 ~ NLT) "For He gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and on the unjust, too." (Matthew 5:45 ~ NLT) No matter which side we think we fit into, God sends the rain and the sunlight to us on this home we call earth.

Ephesians 5:1-2 (NIV) ~ "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us..."

We have all read the tee shirt that said, "Love is not love till you give it away." I laughed when I first read it, but I guess it must be true. If we learn to be imitators of God and live a life of love, we are learning to go through life as "givers" instead of "takers."

Luke 6:38 (NLT) ~ "If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving--large or small--it will be used to measure what is given back to you."

If we don't believe that this Word from God is true, all we have to do is smile at the next stranger we come across. Nine times out of ten, they will smile back. An instant pay back for our "gift." Wow! We do get what we give out. And if God gives us His word on it, then we can't out give God. If we learn to empty ourselves into the lives of others, then even if they don't return the favor, God will fill us back up. God rushes into our emptiness if we let Him. Our emptiness keeps God's presense with us. (Cool, I could use more of that.) When we are "full," it's for the benefit of someone else's "emptiness." We draw close to God by emptying ourselves into others. How much of God do you want?


~ rachman

2 Comments:

Blogger CaptainCraft said...

Keep up the good work. There are a lot of little things that we can do to help people.
Keep blogging.

Wishing You Good Health And Plenty Of Wealth,
S. Scott Craft

29/8/06 9:29 PM  
Blogger KingJaymz said...

Nice work here. I do enjoy your blog. It is much more spiritually oriented than mine, but I am looking a little more to entertain than instruct, though I do that a little (and a lot) sometimes. Besides, I can't seem to find a voice elsewhere in the blogoshpere without being accused of being too preachy. I do appreciate you dropping by and hope that you make it a regular on your "blogging circuit." I am always blessed to have another of my brothers or sisters in my corner of the blogging world.

Blessings,
Jared

30/8/06 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home