!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Positive Confessions

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Positive Confessions

"Sometimes it seems like I'm paying for the mistakes I made in the past. Maybe that's why I am having such a hard time of it." I have been thinking that and it has been affecting my ability to make a living this last year or so. I've felt trapped in a dead end job and thought that there was nothing I could do about it.

I was reminded today through my little devotional that I read in the mornings, about this verse: Isaiah 43:25 (NLT) "I--yes, I alone (God, alone)--am the one who blots out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again."

God said He blotted out my sins, and He didn't even do it for my sake. He did it for His own sake. Wow! God loves us so much that He provided a way out of our sins. Why? So He would not have to suffer by seeing His creation in hell! And how did He keep Himself from suffering. By going to hell for us. He didn't "sweep the sins under the rug," but He paid for them Himself.

Of course as a Christian, I knew this, but I had forgotten that this means the mistakes I've made even after becoming a Christian. 1 John 1:9 (NLT) says, "But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong." I know this verse and have been following it, but I was forgetting that being cleansed from every wrong, meant I no longer have to suffer the penalty. I don't go to hell later and I don't have to have such a hard time of it now. God will never think of my sins again. Then why am I thinking of my sins all the time. Because I am listening to the voice of the enemy instead of the Spirit of God.

If you have confessed your sins to God (repentance) and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Savior (salvation,) then confess God's word inorder to silence the voice of the enemy (learning to walk in the spirit or the ways of God).

Confession: When I repented, my Father God in Heaven blotted out my sins. He doesn't remember them, so I don't remember them either and I no longer bring them up.


~ thoughts from a morning devotional
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home