!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Priorities Again?

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Priorities Again?


Last year around this time I wrote about my priorities for the new year. Increase my time in the Bible, increase my time in prayer, and increase my love walk. Actually as I look back, I think that I did better than I realized at the time. I didn't do as well as I hoped, but better than if I hadn't tried at all. So I guess that 2007 was not a bad year after all. Well now that 2008 has come, I have heard another strategy session from one of my mentors. Let me share a few of his comments:
.
We all have a subliminal list of priorities and for most people there is one major priority. Money. We all need more of it. Yet the Bible has a completely different approach.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his
righteousness; and all these things (read: money) shall be added unto you.

~ Matthew 6:33

One meaning of "seek" is to pursue and to study it until you understand it. "Righteousness" means right standing with God or doing and being right with God. Jesus is telling me to first study the kingdom until I understand it and how it operates, and also to understand how to be right with God. After doing these things, in fact while I'm in the process of learning His ways, God will add to my life (the things that I need).
.
Okay that is quite a step of faith, but not one that is completely out of line with believing Romans 12:2 ~ Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
.
(This is all easier said than done, but with God, all things are possible. My, my! This promises to be a challenging year ahead.)
.
My mentor also mentioned that "how we use our time defines our life." I may need to be busy about my "father's business" this year. Also stated was, "how we spend our time determines the quality of our lives." Yes, I want more quality in my life. So it looks like my first priority this year is to seek the kingdom (of God). That is really quite a bite that I have decided to chew. But like I said before, I will get farther trying than I would if I don't try at all.
Here's to the new year!
.
.
~ rachman
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home