!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Clueless about God?

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Clueless about God?


Most people are pretty clueless when it comes to knowing about God and what He is going to do. Well...He is pretty "far out there" for a lot of folks, so let's try and get a clue. Take a quick look at what the Bible says about God. First John 4:8 and 4:16 both say that, God is love. If that be the case, then first Corinthians 13:4-8 says this about God.
.
God endures long and is patient and kind [But, I thought He was supposed to be mean and quick tempered? Guess I was wrong.]; God never is envious nor boils over with jealousy [Yeah, I know--the Old Testament says He is a jealous God. He will not put up with other gods among His people, or those folks who have by their own free will, chosen to follow Him. But let's come back down to earth. The Bible also tells us that He gives us a wife or husband for it's not so good for humans to be alone. He knows that we need other people in our lives; He started the whole thing after all. He gives us children. He puts us in a family. He wants us to be a part of the "body of Christ." Part of a community. He is not jealous of all the other relationships with which He has blessed us], He is not boastful or vainglorious, He does not display Himself haughtily. God is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride) [Actually it was the devil, then known as Lucifer, in which the pride and arrogance were found]; He is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly [That's kinda' interesting. In this day and age? Most of us don't even understand the concept of acting unbecomingly in front of other people. Yet the God of the Universe will not embarrass us or make us feel bad or uncomfortable]. God does not insist on His own rights or His own way [Now wait a minute! God does insist on His own way--doesn't He? Actually we would not even be discussing this, if He insisted that we do things His way. It's because we have a choice that we are wondering about this whole thing], for He is not self-seeking [Remember that He wants to be our father if we will let Him. He does try to warn us if we are about to touch the hot stove. May be all those "thou shalt not's" were there to help us and not to cause us to miss out on all the fun. He is seeking our good. But perhaps I digress?]; He is not touchy or fretful or resentful; He takes no account of the evil done to Him (He pays no attention to a suffered wrong) [Even the things said about Him don't really put Him off that much. He can handle it a lot better than we do. No matter how many jokes you have told or have even laughed at, He is not waiting to "get you for that," as that silly old joke from television used to go]. God does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but He rejoices when right and truth prevail [He really does want equality among the races and between the two sexes]. God bears up under anything and everything that comes, He is ever ready to believe the best of every person [He wants you to do well. He wants good in your life. He did not die for you, just so He could see you suffer in other ways], His hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and He endures everything (without weakening). God never fails (never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end). [Maybe God is not "so bad" after all.]
.
.
~ rachman
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home