!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: A Time for Reflection

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Time for Reflection



I've never actually been in a kayak, and it has been years since I was in a canoe. The last time I was, the water was no where close to being this perfectly smooth and still. There were probably dozens of guys my age splashing, padding, swimming, and jumping in the water so that it would never smooth out until after we left camp that summer. Oh yeah! And there was that time in Arkansas, going down the river what's its name. I was all grown up that time, with just one other buddy, but the water was still moving too fast to be really smooth and clear. While I'm bragging, I've been white water rafting a couple of times, with folks in, I believe it was New Mexico, but still that is not what I wanted to portray here. When I saw this photo, it put me in mind of being alone on quite waters reflecting on life. Or at least when I'm not being overwhelmed by the beauty of the surrounding area.
.
So I'm in the mood to reflect on life. To take a time to think, to reevaluate, and perhaps to make some decisions. Perhaps to make some new goals. Okay, and perhaps a time to be alone with my God. To listen to what He might have to say. It is probably past time. Not only in my overall life, but just for the new year. I've been having a hard time paying attention to the blog of late. Some of you may have noticed. So it is time to give the first fruits of the year back to God. I've waited this long mostly because I had to get inventory out of the way at work first, before going into anything else.
.
I'm taking a break from the usual blathering that I do here. I hope that I will take a break from the usual blathering that I do at home (in prayer, as well as the chatter that goes on in my head), and will listen as much or even more than I speak. I was surprised to come across this is Ecclesiastes 5:1 in the New Living Translation this very day: "As you enter the house of God, keep your ears open and your mouth shut." Well, talk about a timely word. So for a few weeks at least I will be AWOL, or let's just say that I'm taking a sabbatical.
.
To all of you, till next time, good blogging.
.
.
~ rachman
.

1 Comments:

Blogger CaptainCraft said...

The photo does look peaceful, unless you get a case of motion sickness. Hey, at least, I ain't the only one who has chatter going on inside my head. I hope this year is a good one for you.

26/1/08 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home