!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: How to Have a Good Day, Everyday!

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, July 08, 2006

How to Have a Good Day, Everyday!

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus...and now, let me say one more thing...fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.---Philippians 4:6-8 (NLT)

In the King James Version, one of the things we are to think about is virtue. Virtue can be defined as a "code of conduct." For a believer in the one true God, the code of conduct is to think on these things. Things that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and worthy of praise. We can't be thankful (giving praise) and negative at the same time.

The reality is that trouble comes to all of us. How we think about it, makes the difference. "When things don't work out like you thought, take another thought."

People don't have emotional problems, rather their thinking is wrong. Emotions were created to make us feel what we think about. (Think about it--this is pretty cool.) Emotions respond to our thoughts--happy or sad. Emotions just confirm what we have been thinking about. As a prophet said years ago, "thoughts are like the birds. They fly around everywhere, but they can't nest in your hair unless you let them." We should never hear negativity coming from a believer. The code of conduct for a Christian is to let praise come out of our mouths.

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!"--Deut 30:19 (NLT)

There are two paths we can take. We have to choose. This is not a one-time choice. We make this decision everyday. One example: believe in people. "I think the best of people, and they have to prove me wrong." Another example: growth. "I choose to grow. If I don't I will shrink into average and in time into below average."

We have to reprogram our mental computer; we choose to think on these things. We choose to think: "if God is for me then who can be against me." Thinking originates, or creates, our feelings.

We may not know how to be led by the Spirit, but if we get our thinking right, God can bless that and work with us. "...let God transform you into a new person by [you] changing the way you think."--Romans 12:2 (NLT). Some of us have a lot of reprogramming to do, but don't give up. "Think about all he (Jesus) endured when sinful people did such terrible things to him, so that you don't become weary and give up."--Hebrews 12:3 (NLT)

There's a connection between our emotions and how big our life becomes. Our emotions carry us places and our emotions follow our thoughts and our words. (We should say out loud the things we want to happen in our lives.) Our influence will remain. "rachman was here!"


---notes on a strategy by S.L.J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home