!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Thankful Thursday!

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thankful Thursday!


Thankful Thursday: I got this phrase from a blog I visited recently. Now I can’t remember who it is or was. One of those I came across after linking on someone’s profile after checking out someone’s comment on someone’s blog that I had come across after following up a link on some else’s blog or something like that. (And I wonder why I can’t get anything done around here.) Anyway if I’m stealing someone’s idea, well, I’m sorry. Just let me know and I will have a Tremendous Tuesday next time:


* I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, and it is paid for till the end of the month.
* I’m thankful that it has not been as hot as it was a month ago, and that it is not getting cold yet.
* I’m thankful that I have a car to get me to and from, both work and church, and I’m thankful that a better car is in my future.
* I’m thankful for beans cooking in the crock-pot in the kitchen, and for the steak later on this year.
* I’m thankful that my health is good and that it will get even better as I can afford better food choices.
* I’m thankful for the clothes on my back, and for the new clothes, which will fit my trimmer physique.
* I’m thankful that I have lost (most) of the extra weight I was carrying around with me.
* I’m thankful for the job that I have which is giving me a vacation this week and pays (most) of the bills.
* I’m thankful for the job that is just ahead. Don’t know what it is yet, but I’m looking while on vacation. (Okay, I took a break today!)
* I’m thankful for this top-of-the-line computer (well, it was eight years ago), and I’m thankful for the top-of-the-line computer in my future.

There is more to be thankful for I’m sure, but perhaps another time. A side note or two: If you see my sister in Shenzhen, China, tell her, "Happy Birthday," for me on the 23rd.


Also September 24th through October 23rd is the Muslim celebration of Ramadan. I know that militant Muslims grab world headlines these days, but my friend Mohamed Fadly, a young fellow from Egypt, reminded me that not all Muslims are the same. No more than all Catholics or all Mennonites or all Baptists or all Pentecostals or all anyone else, are all the same. The point is Ramadan is a time when Muslims are especially open to spiritual things and want to hear from God. If Christians would pray for their Muslim co-worker or their Muslim neighbor, as well as for the Muslims around the world, then many Muslims would receive dreams, visions, and revelations of the one true God. Think about it. How about loving our enemies for a change; then God could do a work for eternity in all our lives.
.

.
~ rachman

.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cergie said...

I am thank full to you, Rachman, both for your humour that you are showing in this post (oh ! beans, i like beans ! it must be cooked a long time, but then, yummy !) and also for your coming in my blog.
See you soon !

22/9/06 3:01 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Cergie, Thank you for coming by, and I will drop by your place again soon.


~ rachman

22/9/06 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home