!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: The Cosmic Mind

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Cosmic Mind



The challenge is to keep the Cosmic Mind engaged. He needs to see things that interest Him happening down here. Just an everyday world going about its everyday stuff gets dull after a while. On the other hand, angels singing His praises all day can also get rather tedious. But an earthly being doing a Godly act -- now that's something to wake up about.
.
.
~ wisdom from the web
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

It seems to me that whoever wrote this is projecting human characteristics onto the Cosmic Mind.
It is us who need to awaken surely.

27/3/07 5:12 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Actually, I think you're right, Rob. I didn't like all that I read in this little paragraph, but the part about an earthly being, waking up, if you will, and taking on a Godly characteristic is what caught my attention. I figure people will never agree on everything completely, but maybe the parts that I agreed with would cause people to think--as they did me.

Just so you know, the quotation is from "A Daily Dose of Wisdom from the Rebbe" (rebbe=a Jewish spiritual leader or rabbi, especially of a Hasidic sect.)
I'm not Jewish by any means, but I simply acknowledge the Jewish roots of Christianity. As I suggested, I don't agree with everything, but I enjoy the different view point. Perhaps I should have clarified the points where I agreed or disagreed.

Good to visit with you, my friend, and thanks for helping me clear up the confusion.

~r.

29/3/07 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home