!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Heaven On Earth

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Heaven On Earth



When it all began, Heaven was here on Earth. The physical plane, more than any of the higher spiritual worlds, was the place where the Divine Presence yearned to be. But Man, step by step, banished the Divine Presence from its home , with a tree of knowledge, with a man who murdered his brother, with all those things that human beings do. Since Man chased it away, only Man can bring it back. And this began with Abraham, who proclaimed Oneness for all the world. And it ends with us. Our generation will bring Heaven back down to Earth.
~ a bit of Jewish wisdom

While there is wisdom in the lines above, I disagree with some important points. This world was created to be a place like heaven to be sure. Human kind did indeed banish God from His home away from home. However it was not step by step, but rather by one giant act of treason. When man did those things which human beings do, he made the enemy his new god, and a cruel god he is. When people wonder why God lets evil have its way with us, it is because the god of this world is not the God of love.

Now it is true that the long road back to the God of love, the God of the Universe, the Divine Presence, was begun by way of Abraham, however the journey could not be undertaken by man himself. (When one switches gods, to a cruel god, you don't switch back if you decide you don't like it.) Rather it was the Divine Presence who did the traveling if you will. This God of love did work His way through Abraham, the father of our faith, and then through the Jewish nation, who gave us the very words of God. And Jesus, the God-man, was the "Word of God," Himself (Revelation 19:13). You see the stumbling block to the faith of some is the cornerstone of mine. This Jesus provides the way back to the Divine Presence, our creator God, who continues to give us choices, even when our choices may not be for the best. But the fellow above is right that it all ends or comes down to us.

Our generation will bring Heaven back down to Earth. Through Jesus, the Word of God, Himself, each generation, and more specifically, our generation, can have Heaven on Earth today.
.
.
~ rachman
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home