!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Perchance to Dream

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Perchance to Dream


In the movie, "Field of Dreams," an Iowan farmer plows his cornfield over and builds a baseball field. Eventually his dream of being reconciled with his father is fulfilled because he listens to the voice which guides him. The theology involved in this movie was so wacky that I never really thought too highly of the movie. But as I relaxed a little, took a look at the overall story line, and remembered that it was only a movie after all, only then did I begin to enjoy it.

We all have a field of dreams. A place where we plant seeds of imagination and let them grow. Depending on your theology, perhaps it is a place where seeds are planted for us to discover and then for us to nurture them into reality. We cannot overestimate the power of dreams in our existence. These dreams bring about medical breakthroughs as well as athletic and artistic achievements. They create nations and set races of people free from slavery. Everyone has dreams, and a field of dreams in which to grow them, but many of us have lost sight of these dreams because of the cares of life.

Even God has a field of dreams. It's not in Iowa, but in the hearts of humankind. In the hearts turned toward Him. It's a dream of being one with humankind once more. As it was when He walked with us and talked with us in the cool of the day. How can we know if a dream comes from God?

  • A God-given dream will stir our passion.
  • A God-given dream will be impossible without Him.
  • A God-given dream makes an impression on us for life.
  • A God-given dream will cause us to exercise strong faith.
  • The enemy will fight a God-given dream.

Fight for your dream. If you don't remember it, then search your heart and mind to get in touch with the dream which God has put inside you. Ask Him to show it to you. Then take action.

Ancient wisdom says, "This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." (Habakkuk 2:3 ~ NLT)

.

.

Pleasant Dreams ~ rachman

.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reeholio said...

Hi Rachman, I really liked that movie, it was very inspiring, but until I read this post, I never thought about the inspiration from it.

Thanks too for the links. I have also added your blog to A World of Bloggers and A World of Reeholio

Regards, Rhys

16/10/06 4:01 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Thanks Rhys,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to check out my little blog. I think I told you that I see you all "over the place," so if you have any suggestions on time management please let me know. How do you get it all done?

By the way I have enjoyed "A World of Bloggers," as I have visited several places, virtually, which I "may" never get to visit in person. Cool!


Sincerely, rachman

16/10/06 12:39 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

You make a very good point when you say that many lose sight of the dream because of the cares of life. I can recognise this in myself to some extent.

16/10/06 4:47 PM  
Blogger rachman said...

Hello Rob,

It's a pleasure having you visit and commenting on my blog. I'm glad that some of it seemed relevant to you.

I definitely fit into the category of searching for the dream I lost, forgot, or never heeded in the first place. That is what I want for my life: to rediscover the dream and to pursue it. I'm not sure, but may be it's a universal quest. Something about Parsifal (or should that be Percival) and the Holy Grail.

At any rate, till next time, be blessed, my friend,
~ rachman

16/10/06 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home