!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: If Cell Phones Were Bibles...

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Saturday, July 14, 2007

If Cell Phones Were Bibles...


A friend of mine, a lady of intelligence and spiritual discernment, shared this with me today, and I thought that I would share it with the rest of you.
.
She was wondering what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
.
"Huh?" I thought. "You mean like dropping it on hard floors or forgetting where we set it down the last time?"
.
Well no, but what if we carried our Bible, like our cell phone, around in our purses or pockets?
.
What if we flipped through it several times a day? Or several times an hour?
.
What if we turned back to go get it when we go off with out it?
.
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
.
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
.
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
.
What if we used it when we traveled?
.
What if we used it in case of emergency?
.
What if we considered it the most important thing we carried?
.
"Hmmm? This is something to make you go...uh....where is my Bible?"
.
Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.
.
"Wow--you're right. I never thought of that."
.
Makes you stop and think "where are my priorities?"
.
"And no dropped calls!"
.
.
~ rachman
.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rose Ghost said...

I like that. I suppose people who are really confidant and happy with their beliefs wouldn't have to physically carry a bible (or equivilent) around with them because it's already inside them. I think that's what your friend meant, kind of. That post says to me 'find something to believ in and carry it with you all the time' :-)

15/7/07 10:37 AM  
Blogger CaptainCraft said...

I don't have a cell phone, but it's still a pretty good story. Is your friend single, if so you should ask her out.

15/7/07 5:29 PM  
Blogger fatwonkkid said...

put a copy of the bible on your cellphone

15/7/07 6:26 PM  
Blogger rachman said...

GhostRose, thank you for your comments. You are a very perceptive individual. I had not really thought of that aspect of it before, but if a person really believes something then of course it should become a part of their inner being (spirit). I'm going to share your insight with my friend.

Bye-bye, GhostRose,
rachman

15/7/07 6:43 PM  
Blogger rachman said...

Scott, I appreciate the kind words about the post, and who said that I haven't asked her out? Thanks for the brotherly advice anyway. I can always use a little help from my friends. Got any pointers on how to keep 'em interested?

~r.

15/7/07 6:55 PM  
Blogger rachman said...

fatwonkkid, hey--good thinking.

15/7/07 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home