Tag! You're It!
This is the one where I come up with "8 fascinating, compelling, startling, or secrets things" about myself and then choose to post them on my very own blog for all the world to see. (Do people think that if I have kept these things secret for years, that since they asked me nicely, I will suddenly blab them all over the Internet. Come on!) Okay, since it is no one's business who or what is stuffed in the crawlspace under the flooring of the house, that leaves me with "fascinating, compelling, or startling." (Well, that should be easy. Yeah, right! If I were fascinating, I wouldn't be here at the computer tonight, now would I?) Okay then, how about compelling or startling? Well I guess that could equate with mildly interesting, so I suppose I could come up with something that is a little like self disclosure:
- I once gave mouth to mouth resuscitation to a friend who had collapsed while exercising, but the fellow still died.
- I lived a double life for about eight years (when I decided to follow God and live just one).
- I dealt with depression for several years until one night I finally asked God to take my life, because I couldn't comprehend the thought of having to get up the next day and start all over again. (God chose not to take my life, but He did deliver me from depression some time later. It is up to me to maintain that state of deliverance.)
- I was once considering suicide, but God delivered me from that deception as well.
- I drove a truck across America during a six-week long business trip. (Well, maybe it was just half way across, but I did have to meander my way there and then back again. And no, it was not an 18-wheeler; more like an 18-foot bobtail, as we used to call it. But as a 22-year old flat-lander, I still got a little freaked out going down some of those mountain curves somewhere near Chattanooga.)
- I was the sole caregiver for a family member with Alzheimer's disease.
- I love having both dogs and cats as pets, but my last pet was a cat. (Uhmmm? That may not be compelling or startling, but it will have to do.)
- It once took me, and a few others, about 15 hours to take a one-hour flight from Dallas to Little Rock. (It was less extreme than an episode of "Lost," but still a little reminiscent of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles."
This has taken me all most a week to come up with eight things I didn't mind sharing, but I figured they should be something I hadn't already talked about. It has been interesting for me to come up with this stuff, and get rid of the rest that should stay under the floor boards. Now I have to find and tag eight other bloggers. Equally as hard. Floyd at Clay Feet tagged me, and as he commented, some of these folks may never see this blog, but then that is their business and not mine. Now it's your turn GhostRose, Captain Craft, Rob(mmmm), Leo, Rhys, French Trader, Be Your Best, Yak Attack.