!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: O Holy Night

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

O Holy Night


O Holy Night. The stars are brightly shining. It is the night of our dear Savior's birth. Long lay the world in sin and error pining. 'Til He appeared and the soul felt its worth. A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices. For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn! Fall on your knees, O hear the angels' voices! O night divine, O night when Christ was born.

Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, with glowing hearts by His cradle we stand. So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming, here came the wise men from Orient land. The King of kings lay thus in lowly manger, in all our trials born to be our Friend! He knows our need; to our weakness is no stranger. Behold your King; before Him lowly bend!

Truly He taught us to love one another; His law is love and His Gospel is peace. Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother. And in His Name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, let all within us praise His holy Name! Christ is the Lord! O praise His name forever! His power and glory evermore proclaim!


~ lyics by Placide Cappeau
~ English translation by John Sullivan Dwight
~ photo by FreeFoto.com
.

4 Comments:

Blogger CaptainCraft said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You do have some good points about the season.

21/12/06 11:30 PM  
Blogger rachman said...

Thanks for dropping by, Scott. There's a great new year ahead for you too.

~ r.

22/12/06 1:25 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Wishing you the best for the coming Holy Days.

22/12/06 7:02 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Hello Rob,
Merry Christmas to you too. I wish you the best in the days ahead as well.

23/12/06 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home