!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Who Are You Afraid Of?

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Friday, December 29, 2006

Who Are You Afraid Of?


I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, “You are my God!”

My future is in your hands...Let your favor shine on (me), your servant.


My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!

For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Psalm 31: 14, 16; 57: 7, 10

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. Romans 8:38

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

So we can say with confidence,“The Lord is my helper,so I will have no fear.What can mere people do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear.
1 John 4:18

And from the throne came a voice that said,“Praise our God, all his servants, all who fear him, from the least to the greatest.”
Revelation 19:5 (NLT)

I will now fear no one except God Himself.
.
.
~ rachman
.

2 Comments:

Blogger CaptainCraft said...

Nice picture. Sorry to hear that you lost a friend this holiday season.

31/12/06 1:17 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Scott, thank you for your kind words. You're a good internet buddy. See ya' around.

~r

2/1/07 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home