!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> rachman-unprecedented: Snow, Snow, Everywhere

rachman-unprecedented

So what is this going to be? A little bit of everything I think. Maybe that's it. What I'm thinking. What I'm believing. I hope what I'm knowing. And why would anyone care what I think I know? There's no reason in the world that you should. But then why are you here? Cuz you have to be somewhere I suppose. I've never been here before. I may not be back. I might get too busy to care; time is short. That's fine. Nobody can deal with it all at once. There is a lot to deal with.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great Plains, United States

I try not to take myself too seriously, but I know I have far too much. So I'm trying to learn how to laugh again, as I had forgotted for a while there. Also I'm relearning to enjoy life; you know, like when we were kids. The biggest challenge ahead is learning how to love God with all my heart, and soul, and mind, and strength. This one is not really that hard when you know the truth. But along with it comes learning to love others as I love myself, and that one is, as they say, "a horse of a whole different color." I think I need to learn to love myself a little more, but the problem may be that I know all these facts about me. Sometimes the facts are simply wrong or they are just stuck in the past. I'm trying to get my facts to line up with the truth. As someone once asked a great man, "what is truth?" If he had only known.

rachman's weblog

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Snow, Snow, Everywhere


Why doesn't snow look like this in real life--well at least in my life? Okay, maybe it does sometimes, but it's like youth. The picture changes so quickly that you forget it was ever that pure, that beautiful, or that innocent. Oh well. It's a new year. And it is only getting better. As I was sharing with a friend, the year ahead will have many challenges. I made lots of blunders last year, but that year is behind us now. We have an opportunity to begin again. The old has gone and the new has come.

Should auld (old) acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days of auld lang syne (old long since=good old days)?

Of course the "old long since" should not be forgotten, but let's not live there. Our old behavior does not determine our future behavior. And there is a great future ahead. No matter if your are starting out for the first time or the second--or say, even the fiftieth. Our best days are still ahead of us and we have a brand new year to begin again.


~ rachman
.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

'the year ahead will have many challenges'

Yes. Let's hope we can accept most of them!

3/1/07 6:40 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Rob, so be it.

3/1/07 10:43 PM  
Blogger CaptainCraft said...

It is a fresh beginning. I wish you the best for a New Year.

6/1/07 1:36 AM  
Blogger rachman said...

Scott, and to you as well, my friend.

6/1/07 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home